Listen folks, I'm a doctor, and I really want to help you ~ your body AND your nervous system ~ not get the flu, or, if you've had it (like me), to continue to get better.
This flu season is nasty. Viruses are getting stronger. If we haven't had it, we know a number of people who have. In fourteen years of practice, I have never seen so many friends, family and patients with the flu. Front page news from the CDC reports the flu shot is only 10% effective. Here are some actions you can take to protect yourself.
- Don't eat sugar ~ viruses love sugar.
- Get a lot of good, restful sleep.
- Manage your stress levels ~ deep breaths, meditation.
- Keep up your exercise routine.
- I know this is controversial, but my opinion is to not get the flu shot. The risks outway the possible benefits. The CDC will focus on the benefits, but it is important to educate yourself on the negative effects of flu shots.
In regards to chiropractic:
- Get in for your adjustment ~ it will boost your nervous system for your whole body to function better.
- Don't miss an appointment. My patients who get adjustments on a regular basis are not sick as often as those who have irregular visits.
- If you have to miss an appointment, reschedule as soon as possible.
- Acupuncture can be extremely helpful. When I had the flu, in addition to getting chiropractic care, I saw my acupuncturist for the cough and bronchitis symptoms. The combination of the two is powerful. I am happy to refer you to one.
- Diffuse essential oils.
- Use an air purifier to cleanse the air you breathe.
Contact me for more support!